Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Just finished...

"Hoe, hoe, hoe..." By Notforgotten Farm

It was so quick! I had most of the dense stitching complete already, however, there was no reason for this piece to be waiting so long. I am planning this as a Christmas gift and will need to think a little more about how I want to finish it. It is stitched on what I believe is an 18 count linen, over one. This linen is very rough and rustic feeling. Although my arm would feel scratched after a bit of stitching, I loved the prim look. The linen threads vary in size and I don't fuss about trying to make them look even. The pattern called for slightly different orange- reds. I choose DMC colors that matched the Christmas stockings hats I knit for my friend years ago.

So now it is back to the WIP pile to choose another piece to focus on before the next FPS block. This time I pulled "A Quaker Study" by Carriage House Samplings from the bag. I started this piece as part of a Crazy January Challenge in 2012. I worked on it once... There is a lot to do. I am stitching on 35 count Straw by Weeks Dye Works using the called for NPS. There are only two colors so it was a pretty affordable project in silk.

Off to work I go!

~aj

 

No comments:

Post a Comment